YEAR 7 AND 8 CHECK IN ARRANGEMENTS
Following the letter you should have received about the Year 7 and 8 check-in day, the check in sessions will be held on the following dates:
- Daring house - Tuesday 14 July
- Triumph house - Wednesday 15 July
- Invincible house - Thursday 16 July
- Victorious house - Friday 17 July
If you have already notified us that your child is not attending, a pack of resources will be posted home for them to complete. Your child’s tutor will phone after the check-in day to talk through the resources.
Please remember the aim of the session is to help each student evaluate exactly where they are with their learning and establish a bespoke pathway forward for them. Students will complete a number of reflection and evaluation activities in groups of 6-11 with their tutor between 9:00am and 12:15pm.
- Arrival - For this check-in session all students must enter the college site via the front gate only, the rear gate will be locked. Students must arrive between 9:00am-9:10am, it is really important that students only arrive in this time window due to the need to stagger arrival and departure times of other site users. On arrival students will be directed by staff to the sports hall for an initial briefing on social distancing and safety. Students will also be temperature checked and asked to hand sanitize.
- Food and drink - There will be no access to food or drink on the college site, so please ensure your child brings a snack for mid-morning and plenty of water to drink, in accordance with Government guidelines the water fountains have been disabled.
- Uniform - For the check-in sessions, students do not need to wear college uniform but must wear smart, appropriate clothing please.
- Health/illness - If your child is feeling unwell on the morning of their session or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 - a raised temperature, new persistent cough or loss of taste or smell, please do not send them into college but contact the Student Absence line by 8:30am at the latest.
- Equipment - In addition to a snack and drink, please ensure your child brings their full RTL pencil case with them for their session. Whilst we have sinks, hand gel and tissues in all rooms, we would encourage them to bring their own hand gel and tissues if possible.
End of Session
Your child’s session will end at 12:15pm and tutors will escort their group back to the front college gate at this time. All Year 7 and 8 students must have left the college site by 12:20pm latest, this is to ensure that they do not come into contact with other students using the site.
The college buses have been organised to run at the appropriate times – further information will be sent out regarding the college buses as soon as it is received from Hampshire County Council – all seats to be pre-booked.
Changes to College
In order for the college to be Covid-19 secure we have had to make a number of changes. A narrated power point detailing information for students about what to expect when returning to college and how the college has changed can be viewed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5uQlPgrRQc
If you have any further questions about your child’s check-in session, please contact your child’s House Progress Leader.
Thank you for your on-going support and we look forward to seeing all our Year 7 and 8 students soon.