|Uniform||Pre-loved uniform||Hair, make up and jewellery||Rewards and achievement|
Students are ambassadors of the college and are expected to dress and behave in a way that reflects the standards we seek to achieve.
Please note that this uniform is used all year round. The college will NOT accept incorrect uniform.
- College tie in House colour tied and with length touching the waist band
- College blazer with logo is compulsory and can be worn at all times - logo motifs can be purchased from Scopay if you wish to purchase a plain navy blue blazer.
- College V-neck jumper with logo (optional) — hoodies or cardigans are NOT acceptable at any time and will be confiscated
- Black tailored slim or straight legged full length trousers which touch the heel. Skinny / super skinny / leggings / jersey or denim / cropped trousers and jeans are NOT acceptable
- Black, dark grey or white socks
- Plain outdoor coats can be worn to and from college over blazers (denim and hoodies are NOT acceptable). All hats and coats must be removed inside college buildings
- Black skirts must be knee-length, if it does not reach the floor when kneeling it is too short. Jersey and lycra material are NOT acceptable
- Black tailored shorts in extreme weather conditions ONLY when normal uniform is relaxed
- Flat black shoes that can be polished and ideally have a separate heel. Suede/canvas/sports branded shoes i.e. Nike, Adidas, Converse or Vans are NOT acceptable
We are encouraging the following types of shoes:
PE / DANCE KIT
- College PE shirt with logo
- Navy blue PE shorts
- Navy blue PE leggings or training trousers with Henry Cort logo (optional), this can be worn as an alternative to shorts. NO alternative is acceptable.
- Sky blue football or white or black sport socks
- Durable trainers with suitable support (NO plimsolls or canvas fashion shoes).
During winter months, students may bring in extra layers to keep warm - this will be permitted in addition to college PE / Dance kit and should not replace it.
We are very proud to offer a pre-loved uniform service at Henry Cort, and during the summer holidays we are hold a few times that uniform will be on sale. We have lots of uniform items in various sizes, so please come along and have a look. Please email Stella our Wellbeing Manager on email@example.com to discuss.
If you are looking to donate any items of uniform please hand into reception, we will be very grateful for any donations.
To ensure students are equipped for their lessons, they must have a Ready to Learn kit. This is available to purchase on Scopay as a whole pack, or items can be purchased individually as required.
The Ready to Learn kit comprises:
- Log book
- Clear pencil case
- 30cm ruler
- 2 x black pens
- 2 x purple pens
- 2 x highlighters
- 2 x pencils
- 1 x eraser
- 1 x pencil sharpener
- 1 x protractor
- 1 x compass
- 1 x glue stick
- Casio scientific calculator
Good behaviour is expected by all students at The Henry Cort Community College in order to create a positive atmosphere that supports all students and staff in a calm, safe, happy and stimulating environment. Staff can award House Points in class for a wide variety of positive behaviours, engagement or learning. The wide range of options covers subject specific rewards, in class actions and wider community rewards, including attendance, both sustained and improved. Students can also be awarded house points related to:
- Excellent participation
- Excellent presentation of work
- Consistent attention
- Working as part of a team
- Demonstrating excellent leadership qualities
- Excellent effort beyond expectation
- Demonstrating helpfulness and kindness
- Handing in an outstanding piece of homework
Students could also achieve ‘Student of the lesson’ which is worth two House Points, and receive a golden ticket. If teachers find it appropriate, they can nominate students for a subject award which is 10 House Points and should be awarded by the Head of Faculty. Once a student reaches milestones in terms of House points, certificates are awarded via termly praise assemblies.
Bronze Award - 50 House Points (HPL letter home & pin badge)
Silver Award - 100 House Points (HPL letter home & pin badge)
Gold Award - 200 House Points (HPL letter home & pin badge)
Diamond Award - 300 House Points (APL letter home & pin badge)
Platinum Award - 500 House Points (Principal’s letter home & pin badge)