|Uniform||Hair, make up and jewellery||Rewards and achievement|
Students are ambassadors of the college and are expected to dress and behave in a way that reflects the standards we seek to achieve.
College uniform is available from Skoolkit , all queries, orders, returns or complaints should be directed to the suppliers.
Please note that this uniform is used all year round. The college will NOT accept incorrect uniform.
- College tie in House colour with length touching the waist band
- College blazer with logo
- College V-neck jumper with logo (optional) — hoodies or cardigans are NOT acceptable at any time and will be confiscated
- Black tailored slim or straight legged full length trousers which touch the heel. Skinny / super skinny / leggings / jersey or denim / cropped trousers and jeans are NOT acceptable
- Black, dark grey or white socks
- Plain outdoor coats can be worn to and from college over blazers (denim and hoodies are NOT acceptable). All coats must be removed inside college buildings
- GIRLS — Black skirts must be knee length, if it does not reach the floor when kneeling it is too short. Jersey and lycra material are NOT acceptable
- BOYS — Black tailored shorts in extreme weather conditions ONLY when normal uniform is relaxed
- Flat black shoes with separate heel and sole that can be polished. Trainers are NOT permitted. Suede/canvas/sports branded shoes i.e. Nike, Adidas, Converse or Vans are also NOT acceptable
We are encouraging the following types of shoes, whilst patent is not ideal as they do not take polish we will accept them in certain circumstances:
PE / DANCE
- College PE shirt with logo
- Navy blue PE shorts
- Navy blue PE leggings or training trousers with Henry Cort logo, this is optional and can be worn as an alternative to shorts. NO alternative is acceptable.
- Sky blue football or white or black sport socks
- Durable trainers with suitable support (NO plimsolls or canvas fashion shoes).
During winter months, students may bring in extra layers to keep warm - this will be permitted in addition to college PE / Dance kit and should not replace it.
Good behaviour is expected by all students at The Henry Cort Community College in order to create a positive atmosphere that supports all students and staff in a calm, safe, happy and stimulating environment. Staff can award House Points in class if students demonstrate any of the following:
- Excellent participation
- Excellent presentation of work
- Consistent attention
- Working as part of a team
- Demonstrating excellent leadership qualities
- Excellent effort beyond expectation
- Demonstrating helpfulness and kindness
- Handing in an outstanding piece of homework
Students could also win ‘Student of the lesson’ which is worth two House Points. Once a student reaches milestones in terms of House points, certificates are awarded via termly praise assemblies.
- Bronze Award - 50 House Points
- Silver Award - 100 House Points
- Gold Award - 200 House Points
- Diamond Award - 300 House Points
- Platinum Award & Gift - 500 House Points