Schools Sports Partnership
|Schools Sports Partnership Service Level Agreement||School Games||Contact us|
The Fareham Schools Sports Partnership (SSP) provides support, advice and delivery for primary schools in all areas of Physical Education and school sport. Our aim is to help raise standards in PE and school sport, develop sports leaders, support gifted and talented pupils and increase participation in community sports clubs and intra and inter-school competitions.
- One full day or one half day for Curriculum PE delivery by our qualified PE teachers, working alongside primary staff to improve skills
- Facilitation and delivery of staff CPD in primary schools by our staff
- Coaching and team teaching support for identified staff by our staff
- Sport specific coaching arranged with links to local sports clubs, with appropriately qualified and DBS checked staff
- Organisation of intra and inter-school competitions and festivals (in collaboration with the School Games Organiser)
- The opportunity to Work in a cooperative CPD capacity with other partnership schools
- Support for the development of leadership in sport
- Access to a shared SSP Google Drive, which includes; schemes of work, virtual PE lessons and links to CPD training
- Working with volunteers during lunch and break times
- Support for Level 1 Competition framework across the cluster
We currently work with the following cluster of schools:
- Whiteley Primary
- Redlands Primary
- Northern Infant and Junior School
- Cornerstone C of E Primary
- Titchfield Primary
- Ranvilles Infant School
We are the host site for the Fareham School Games Organiser (SGO). This means that we provide the SGO with a support group including facilities to run competitions for all Key Stages. We regularly host sporting events and festivals for the local primary and infant schools in the Fareham area. The host site is seen as a flagship model of good practice and are fully engaged with the School Games offer. We currently hold the Gold award for the school games making it the only secondary school in the area with this level of award. The gold award is given to schools who have provided evidence of high quality PE and high levels of participation in events and competitions.
The role of the SGO
SGOs have several key roles: to coordinate appropriate competitive opportunities for all young people from Key Stage 2-4, to recruit, train and deploy a suitable workforce, and to support the development of club opportunities for all young people.
We have an impressive leadership academy consisting of 20 Year 8 and 9 students tasked with supporting the SGO. This can be through organising competitions, refereeing or umpiring and supporting teachers. The young leaders have received high praise from local primary schools for their conduct and initiative at these events.
- For all school games enquiries please contact Sam Latter, SGO - firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all finance and SLA enquiries please contact Julie Coffin, Business Manager - email@example.com
- For all SSP staff enquiries please contact Jason Plomer, Head of PE - firstname.lastname@example.org