Occasionally, we may take photographs of the children at our college. We may use these images in our college prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website or on project display boards at our college. We may also make video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, monitoring or other educational use.
From time to time, our college may be visited by the media who will take photographs or film footage of a visiting dignitary or other high profile event. Students will often appear in these images, which may appear in local or national newspapers, or on televised news programmes.
To comply with data protection legislation, we need your permission before we can photograph or make any recordings of your child for promotional purposes. Please answer questions 1 to 5 below, then sign and date the form where shown.
The information you provide (address, contact numbers) will be securely stored and processed within the EEA and not be used for any other purpose than confirming your permission to use the material.
*Please note that once images are uploaded, they will be subject to the terms and conditions of the social media site. Neither you nor the school will have control over how those images are further used, amended or reproduced, either by the site or by the public. Please note that websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.
Conditions of Use
1. This form is valid for five years from the date you sign it, or for the period of time your child attends this college. The consent will automatically expire after this time.
2. We will not re-use any photographs or recordings after your child leaves this college.
3. We will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or adult in a photographic image on video, on our website, in our college prospectus or in any of our other printed publications without good reason. For example, we may include the full name of a student in a newsletter to parents if the student has won an award.
4. If we name a student in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article without good reason. (See point 3 above.)
5. We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on video, on our website, in our college prospectus or in other printed publications.
6. We may include pictures of students and teachers that have been drawn by the students.
7. We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels, such as ‘a science lesson’ or ‘making Christmas decorations’.
8. We will only use images of students who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.
9. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time in writing.
Please note that the press have some exemptions from data protection legislation and may want to include the names and personal details of children and adults in the media.