Start of term arrangements and Year 7 tutor group notifications
The start of term arrangements and Year 7 tutor group notifications have been sent by email. A separate communication will follow in due course regarding the lateral flow testing arrangements and details of Hampshire and Isle of Wight salvia testing programme.
Please find below the arrangements for the start of term.
- Thursday 2 September – INSET day, college closed to students
- Friday 3 September – Lateral flow testing for all years, a separate communication will be sent for your child’s appointment time.
- Monday 6 September - Lateral flow testing for all years, a separate communication will be sent for your child’s appointment time. Years 7 and 11 to remain in college for the day after their test.
- Tuesday 7 September – All years return to college. Daring and Triumph to bring in salvia testing kit (Details will be included in LFT communication).
- Friday 10 September – Invincible and Victorious to bring in saliva testing kits (Details will be included in LFT communication).
A reminder, to not send your child into college if they are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (a very high temperature, loss of smell/taste, persistent cough).
All students will be expected to be in full uniform from September. Please check our website for full details: https://www.henry-cort.hants.sch.uk/uniform.
- Trousers for boys and girls should be black tailored trousers and must be full length, touching the heel. Skinny/fashion (eg with zips), leggings, jeggings, jersey material trousers and jeans are NOT acceptable
- Students should wear formal flat black shoes that can be polished and ideally have a separate heel. NO suede, canvas or sports branded shoes i.e Nike, Adidas, Converse or Vans.
- Students should have a suitable plain outdoor coat which can be worn to and from college over blazers (denim and hoodies are NOT acceptable and may be confiscated).
- The only jewellery that is permitted is a wrist watch, ONE pair of small stud earrings worn in the ear lobe and if applicable a medical ID bracelet. All other piercings are NOT permitted.
- Hair colour must be natural and extremes of style such as grade 1 or shaved patterns are not acceptable. Long hair should be tied back.
- No noticeable make up, excessive fake tan, false eyelashes, nail varnish or acrylic nails.
Ready to Learn
Students MUST have their own pencil case and a full set of working equipment including colouring pencils. If possible, students should also have an English pocket dictionary and one for the language they are studying.
As part of our tutor programme we will be reading A Short History Story if Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. If you would like to buy a copy for your child you can purchase from Amazon for £14.40.
We appreciate that at times we have had to send a lot of emails and letters to parents and that has increased recently because of Covid-19. We always try to only send important and relevant information to parents, so thank you in advance for reading these.
Please also let us know if your contact details change, so we can update our records and keep in contact with you. You can notify us of a change in contact details by completing the following form: https://www.henry-cort.hants.sch.uk/changeofaddresscontactform
Finally, we would like to take the opportunity to wish all parents/carers and students a happy, safe and restful summer holiday, and thank you for your continued support.