Welcome to The Henry Cort Community College
Moving from Primary to Secondary school can be an anxious time for parents as well as for children. At The Henry Cort Community College we recognise that and we work hard to ensure the transition process is as smooth as possible. We have a wonderful team of dedicated staff, who are committed to providing students with exciting learning opportunities that equip all students for the next stages in their lives.
We are running a series of Saturday Workshops to allow your child to meet some of the teachers and experience a range of subjects. The workshops will take place between 9:15am-12:20pm on the following dates:
*Please note due to unforeseen circumstances it has necessary to change the workshops taking place on 4 and 18 May.
If you would like to book a place on one or more workshops, please complete the Saturday Workshop Registration form.
MAIN-ROUND ADMISSIONS PARENT TOURS
You may not have previously visited the college so I would like to give you the opportunity to meet with the Principal, students and colleagues to enable you to find out more about the exciting opportunities that are offered to our students.
If this is of interest to you, please complete the online Parent Tour Booking form.
We intend to run tours at 9:00am on Monday 24 and Wednesday 26 June 2019.
Transition Key Dates for 2018/19
- Wednesday 3 October 2018 - Year 5/6 Open Evening from 6:30pm
- Wednesday 31 October 2018 - Year 6 Application Deadline
- Friday 1 March 2019 - Class of 2024 Notification Day
- Saturday 24 April 2019 - Year 5 and 6 Transition Workshops
- Saturday 4 May 2019 - Year 5 and 6 Transition Workshops
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - Year 6 and Parent Transition Workshops
- Tuesday 2 July 2019 - Year 5 Activity Day*
- Wednesday 3 July 2019 - Class of 2024 Transition Day and Parent Information Evening
- Thursday 4 July 2019 - Year 5 Activity Day*
- Thursday 11 July 2019 - Class of 2024 Additional Transition Day
*Full details of these events will be available on this page from May 2019