Special Educational Needs Department (SEND)
The department supports all students in the learning whether they require in class support, specific targeted teaching or individualised learning programs. The department provides:
- In class support
- A safe haven for vulnerable young people
- A sanctuary for peace and quiet at break and lunch times
- Social skills development programs
- Anger management programs
- 1:1 support
- Small group teaching
- Alternative curriculum
- Transition support
- Basic diagnostic testing
- Alternative learning programs
- 1:1 reading schemes
- Links to external agencies including referrals to Educational Psychologist.
For details on admission arrangements and accessibility please see our SEND Policy and Accessibility Policy and Plan on the policies page.
For advice and information on all areas of SEN:
Help students improve their tracking skills which in turn will improve their reading skills:
Please find some useful tools below that maybe useful to you as parents.