We strive for academic excellence whilst providing a happy, stimulating, safe and secure environment in which every student is encouraged to achieve personally, socially and academically to the best of their ability.
We support students through a broad and balanced curriculum providing stretch and challenge for the more and most able and tailored support for those with special educational needs. We nurture individual talents in the arts, music, drama, social and sports.
The number of students achieving the acclaimed Ebacc suite of subjects has been consistently significantly above the national average. Through the continuous professional development of our staff and governors, the college continues to develop, bringing greater benefits to our students.
Key achievements noted from our last Ofsted report are:
- Students achieve well in this college.
- An increasing number are making outstanding progress.
- The percentage of students achieve the English Baccalaureate qualification is a higher proportion than average. This reflects their success in English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography and, particularly, the very high levels of achievement in French.
- Governors are very clear on their role, particularly in regards to monitoring how well students are achieving.
Other notable achievements include:
- Golfer - Will Green plays for Hampshire. He also plays nationally and has won the Dave Sale cup 3 years running.
- Dressage - Holly Cristofoli has been selected for the under 18s GB team. Competing internationally this year and came 1st.
- Dancers - Laura Marsh and Freya Peck have gained a place with the English Youth Ballet Company and will be performing in their version of Coppelia in Autumn 2017.